Workplace training will give your employees the knowledge and skills they need to function effectively in the work place.Training and development provides both the individual and organisations as a whole with benefits that make the cost and time a worthwhile investment.
Training can be of any kind relevant to the work or responsibilities of the individual, and can be delivered by any appropriate method.
For example, it could include:
• On-the-job learning
• Mentoring schemes
• In-house training
• Individual study
You can also check out our list of training that we offer at Busa HR here
What are the benefits of Training in the work place to Employers?
- Enhances company reputation and profile: All businesses want to have the best employees and so with ongoing training, this will not only mean better staff retention, but the business may also attract better talent from the start, as this gives the business a good image and is a key feature many people look for within their job search.
- Improved employee performance and skill gaps: Most employees have some weaknesses in their workplace skills. A training program allows you to strengthen those skills that each employee needs to improve on is/her performance.Staff that know more can bring more to the table, and your business will reap the rewards.
- Provide an incentive to learn: If training is provided as part of a longer development pathway, employees will have much more incentive to learn, participate in the session and put their new skills into practice.
- Consistency: A structured training and development program ensures that employees have a consistent experience and background knowledge. The consistency is particularly relevant for the company's basic policies and procedures.
- Keep up with industry changes: Industries are constantly changing and so it is important for a business to develop to avoid being left behind. It’s also important to make sure your business is complying with any industry regulations, which can be achieved through ongoing training, making sure your staff’s skills and knowledge are up-to-date.
- Increased innovation in new strategies and products: Training and continuous development the workforce can encourage creativity. New ideas can be formed as a direct result of training and development.
- Increase job satisfaction levels: Through continued investment from the business, staff can have a much higher sense of job satisfaction, which can improve their motivation towards their work. This reduces employee turnover and increases productivity, which directly improves the profitability. It also prevents competitors from taking away your best employees by offering training incentives.
As you can see, ongoing training is important not just to employee development, but it also affects the success of your business.
What are the benefits of employee training in the work place?
- Improve your knowledge and keep you updated on industry changes.
- Gain theoretical and practical skills at the same time
- Gain one or more certificates, depending on the programme and industry you are in.
- Increase your chances for a promotion, better pay or improved job opportunities
- Become highly skilled in your chosen industry.